Sexual disorder involves difficulties in sexual functioning, desire, performance, physical pleasure, preference, arousal or orgasm. It can be at any stage of a normal sexual activity. A sexual disorder can cause distress in the life of the person suffering from it, a major impact can be seen in marital relations, to one’s own self-esteem and even other interpersonal relations.Many of the sexual disorders are due to performance anxiety, worry, guilt, stress, medications, addictions and even past experiences while others may have biological and other medical reasons.
Whatever may be the reason, it is vital to get the right Sex Counselling in Mumbai for healthy sexual life.
The various types of sexual disorders are:
- Sexual desire disorder
- Hypoactive sexual desire disorder – deficiency or absence of sexual fantasies and desire for sexual activity.
- Sexual aversion disorder – it is the aversion and active avoidance of genital contact with a sexual partner
- Sexual arousal disorder
- Female sexual arousal disorder – it is a persistent or recurring inability to attain or maintain until completion of the sexual activity. Inadequate lubrication and or swelling response to sexual excitement can be seen.
- Male erectile disorder– it is a persistent or recurring inability to attain or maintain until completion of the sexual activity, an adequate erection.
- Orgasmic disorder
- Female orgasmic disorder – it is a persistent or recurring delay in or absence of orgasm following a normal sexual excitement phase.
- Male orgasmic disorder – it is a persistent or recurring delay in or absence of orgasm following a normal sexual excitement phase.
- Premature ejaculation–it is a persistent or recurring onset of orgasm and ejaculation with minimum sexual stimulation before, on or shortly after penetration and before the person wishes it.